Minimum Qualifications MMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates reachable on the Civil Service Eligible list(s) will be canvassed. However, you may
also apply if you are eligible for appointment by one of the following qualifications:
70.1 TRANSFER QUALIFICATIONS: One year of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55 b/c
service as a Chief Security Officer, Grade 14.
NOTE: For 70.1 transfers, a comprehensive list of titles approved for transfer is available
through Civil Service GOT-IT at https://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/.
PROVISIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: One year of permanent, contingent-permanent or service as Senior Security Officer, Grade 11.
The appointed candidate would have to take, pass and be reachable on the next holding of the
examination to be appointed permanently.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to initiate and maintain relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders
Duties Description STANDARD DUTIES: The Chief Security Officer will plan and directs the security program for the Department of Labor. The incumbent will:
• Provide technical direction and guidance in responding to security incidents and in resolving identified security risks
• Review staff schedules and ensures appropriate coverage to meet safety and security plans for each location managed
• Identify, develop and conduct training programs, and participates in the development of measures of successful job performance
• Confer with security staff and agency program managers on the effectiveness of the security program, and necessary improvements
• Maintain knowledge of applicable federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations and agency policies regarding security issues
• Coordinate response with external law enforcement, fire and emergency services personnel in responding to security and emergency incidents
• Testify in court regarding incidents involving department staff and clients and property. Prepare written documents detailing security plans for facilities under supervision and distributes to staff
Additional Comments IMPORTANT: All Department of Labor employees are required to be tested weekly for COVID-19 unless they are fully vaccinated. Employees who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccine status through a secure online portal.
Pending Funding Approval
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Harriman State Campus, Building 12, Room 561
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID #104678 you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application. In order to qualify you for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by the NYSDOL Personnel Bureau for your social security number to confirm your employment history.