Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
PROVISIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: One year of permanent service as Regional Security Supervisor, Grade 17 or Chief Security Officer, Grade 14, OR
Seven years of experience in managing the security and/or emergency management program for a public or private sector organization with multiple regional locations, or centralized security force staffed over multiple shifts. Two years of the experience must have included the supervision and training of security staff.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to initiate and maintain relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders
Duties Description STANDARD DUTIES:
The Supervisor Security Services will manage and direct the safety and security operations for an agency in all State-owned and leased properties and serves as management liaison regarding security issues to agency health and safety committees. The incumbent will:
• Provide technical expertise, direction and support to agency managers, supervisors, security staff and regional partners on all matters relating to physical security, security risk identification, analysis and integration
• Develop, review, track, test, resolve, and revise security plans, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, rules and regulations, and conformance with current security practices
• Develop an emergency response system to connect agency staff to security services unit supervisory staff when emergent security issues occur, and security staff is not on site to provide direct assistance
• Review and evaluate all unusual incident reports for disruptive conduct, personal injury or theft, and makes adjustments to security plans and policies, as necessary
• Coordinate with external law enforcement agencies and fire and emergency services personnel, as required, in resolving safety and security matters regarding department customers, employees and property
• Oversee the planning, development, implementation, operation and maintenance of the agency’s various security systems to include electronic security systems, alarms, cameras and photo ID card access system
• Develop and implement in-house training for all security staff, as well as arrange for specialized security training by vendors to ensure that staff continues to meet Security Guard registration requirement
• Communicate revisions to agency security plans, policies, and procedures; and ensure all security personnel understand and effectively implement agency security plans, policies and procedures
• Administer contracts with private security companies to obtain contract guards to supplement State security staff and ensure that the contract guards are properly supervised and trained
• Prepare various reports to document security procedures and policies, and responses to incidents
• Perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities such as interviewing and selecting State and contract staff, assigning work, and preparing probationary reports and performance reviews
Additional Comments IMPORTANT: All Department of Labor employees are required to be tested weekly for COVID-19 unless they are fully vaccinated. Employees who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccine status through a secure online portal.
Pending Funding Approval
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Harriman State Campus, Building 12, Room 561
Notes on ApplyingCandidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Department of Labor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Department of Labor is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for persons with disabilities and workplace diversity.
To be considered for this position, interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID #104692 you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application. In order to qualify you for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by the NYSDOL Personnel Bureau for your social security number to confirm your employment history.