Duties Description This Office Assistant 3, G14 will supervise and participate in all clerical duties at the Department of Motor Vehicles in the List Maintenance Unit.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Supervise lower level staff
• Assist with other clerical operations as needed
• Serve as the principal assistant to the HR Specialist responsible for overseeing List Management Operations.
• Assign work to staff;
• Schedule work flow for canvassing
• Compile canvassed eligible list information
• Distribution to program areas and archiving of canvass results;
• Review work performance and production;
• Determine the nature of list issues or problems and take corrective action;
• Ensure that subordinate staff is trained adequately;
• Responsible for preparing, tracking and assisting in the preparation and execution of HR clerical operations;
• Oversee and maintain an active inventory for all list maintenance clerical operations
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter (referencing the Vacancy ID noted at the top of this posting) indicating how you meet the qualifications for appointment. Please also include a clear and concise resume, which details the permanent Civil Service title of your current NYS employment, and submit all documents to the contact information listed above.
Candidates applying from outside DMV may be contacted for their social security number for the purpose of verifying their NYS employment history and transfer eligibility.