Minimum Qualifications Appointment method:
List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for 37-840.
Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a title eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Information regarding transfer eligibility may be available on the Civil Service Career Mobility Office website at http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/.
Please Note that under Civil Service Law, an employee cannot have two consecutive upward 70.1 or 52.6 transfers without an intervening eligible list appointment if such transfers would exceed two salary grades.
Duties Description The New York Department of Financial Services seeks to build an equitable, more transparent and resilient financial system that benefits New Yorkers and supports business. Through engagement, data-driven regulation, and operational excellence, DFS is responsible for empowering consumers and protecting them from financial harm; ensuring the health and stability of the financial entities we regulate; and driving economic growth through responsible innovation.
DFS is seeking candidates for the position of Office Assistant 3 (Human Resources) in the Human Resources Management office. The Office Assistant 3 (Human Resources) will be responsible for providing vital administrative and clerical support to the Human Resources recruitment team. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Issues HR related notifications for separations, non-employees and other miscellaneous changes;
• Sends out onboarding emails with all applicable paperwork to new employees;
• Assists in onboarding/offboarding of temp employees and interns;
• Maintains and manages the maintenance of a variety of personnel office records, such as the personal history file, position control file, title folders, current subject files, correspondence files, and examination files.
• Conducts new employee orientation sessions.
• Provides employees and managers with information on and interpretations of the agency’s personnel procedures and policies, employee programs, or other aspects of the personnel system.
• Publishes job vacancy announcements on the DFS Website, DFS Intranet, StateJobsNY, and Indeed;
• Electronically logs Actuary exams, generates score letters/disqualification letters, updates eligible lists, and distributes appropriately;
• Reviews and scores Actuary exams;
• Monitors and responds to multiple HR electronic mailboxes;
• Answers telephones, responds to standard inquiries concerning the Human Resource Management office and refers technical questions to appropriate staff;
• Establishes and maintains manual and electronic files, searches for and retrieves requested materials and periodically purges obsolete materials;
• Supervises clerical staff; and
• Performs other duties in support of office operations.
• Strong written and clear communication skills are preferred.
• Should be a self-starter, outgoing and team-oriented.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. is a mandatory component of the assignment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than May 27, 2022 to the email address listed below. Please include the Box # (Box OA3HR-00721) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
One Commerce Plaza, Suite 301
Albany, NY 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS:
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job. If the accommodation would constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency, the agency is not required to provide it.