Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive service as Project Manager 2, SG23, (previously known as Project Manager 1, SG23) OR in a position at the SG21 level or higher deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of Civil Service Law.
The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in advancement of more than two salary grades.
Note: If you are on the examination eligible list for the position title in this location, you do not need to respond to this posting unless you are also eligible for appointment by one of the qualifications listed above.
Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list for this title in order to be list appointed.
Duties Description Under the direction of an upper-level Project Manager, the Project Manager 2 will be assigned to the Chief Portfolio Office (CPO) - Project Management Office (PMO) within the Office of Information Technology Services (ITS). The incumbent will complete project deliverables on various assigned projects and will liaise with various verticals across ITS to ensure project scope and business needs are clearly identified and met. Duties include but are not limited to the following.
• Create new or maintain existing project management plans and documentation to coordinate and support the activities of a project team.
• Prepare and/or review project proposals or high-level plans to define scope statements and document detailed work breakdown and project budget.
• Develop the Project Schedule, including critical project milestones. Collaborate with other project managers such as vendor or agency PMs to deliver consolidated master schedules. • Maintain project records and report progress against established schedule and project resource expenditures.
• Prepare quality metrics concerning the project performance. Escalate project health issues to upper-level project manager or PMO Lead and partner with the project team to resolve issues.
• Prepare project status reports and communicate project status.
• Communicate with stakeholders and coordinate the project team activities to ensure project objectives are met.
• Design, develop, and/or refine project management templates.
• Prepare project portfolio or project inventory products and reports.
• Create and maintain a shared project management artifacts repository.
Additional Comments As a note: this posting is for multiple positions
Some positions may require fingerprinting.
All Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) employees are required to be tested weekly for COVID-19 unless they are fully vaccinated. Employees who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccine status through a secure online portal.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, PO Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingTo apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume and indicate that you are applying for the position of Project Manager 2, Ref. #13266 (multiple). Please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Your Social Security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.