Pine Street Day Habilitation
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Candidates must have permanent competitive status as an Office Assistant 2 (Keyboarding) and be eligible for a lateral transfer.
2. Eligible to transfer via section 70.1 of Civil Service Law by having at least one year of permanent service in a qualifying title. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades. For eligible 70.1 information, visit the Career Mobility Office at: http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/title-search/titlesearch_action.cfm
When doing this search use your current title to see the titles you can transfer to.
3. In the event there is not a viable eligible list, candidates that meet the following qualifications may be qualified for Provisional Appointment pending exam. To be appointed on provisional status, you must be eligible to and participate in the next Civil Service examination(s) being given for this title. You must be qualified for appointment from the eligible list. You must be a reachable candidate, when the exam list is produced by civil service, in order to obtain permanent status and maintain your position.
Below are the minimum qualifications for Provisional Appointment:
You must be a qualified employee of New York State and have had one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as follows:
Either A. as a Data Entry Machine Operator, Data Entry Machine Operator (Spanish Language), Keyboard Specialist 1, Keyboard Specialist 1 (Chinese Language), Keyboard Specialist 1 (Spanish Language), Law Department Document Specialist Trainee 1 or Trainee 2, Office Assistant 1-Keyboarding, Office Assistant 1-Keyboarding (Chinese Language) or Office Assistant 1-Keyboarding (Spanish Language).
Or B. in an office assistant or clerical title allocated to Grade 5 or higher.
A comprehensive list of qualifying titles is available at: https://www.cs.ny.gov/examannouncements/announcements/37898titles.cfm.
Only the titles listed are qualifying. Service in a direct care title is not qualifying experience. Examples of non-qualifying titles are: Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 1, Direct Support Assistant, Food Service Worker 1, Licensed Practical Nurse, Mental Health Therapy Aide, Security Services Assistant, and Youth Division Aide.
IMPORTANT: For option B above, may be required to pass a keyboarding test that demonstrates your ability to enter text using an alpha numeric computer keyboard, at a rate of at least 30 words per minute with at least 96% accuracy.
If three or fewer interested promotional candidates respond to this notice, the agency may, at its discretion, nominate a qualified employee for non-competitive promotion under the provisions of Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title..
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Office Assistance 2’s perform office support and clerical work to meet the requirements of agency programs. They will perform data entry; mail supply and inventory functions; keyboarding and other documentation task needed depending on what job they work at.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include but are not limited to:
Office Assistance 2’s will provide general office support. They will answer questions for and provide information to various parties regarding agency activities, transactions and procedures. Operate various communication systems such as telephones and computers; and keep records of such communications. They will answer phones, develop and complete forms; assist customers; create or assist in the preparation of reports, charts, and other related activities. Maintain, update and correct records and files. Receive, screen and review and verify documents and or forms. Establish new files by coding and numbering forms, creating folders and compiling relevant material. Receive, pick up, deliver, open, appropriate record, sort and distribute mail, email or other forms of correspondence or communication. Maintain files, correspondence, documents and materials, pursuant to guidelines. Maintain various listings for mail service purposes. Process outing mail by inserting letters into envelopes. OA 2 will perform Billing, Census documentation, and other necessary paper work for the Day Hab.
Additional Comments Please note:
• As of 10/12/2021 all OPWDD employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Human Resources Office