AgencyPeople With Developmental Disabilities, Office for
TitleTrades Specialist (Electrician)
Occupational CategorySkilled Craft, Apprenticeship, Maintenance
Bargaining UnitOSU - Operational Services Unit (CSEA)
Salary RangeFrom $44354 to $54140 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Non-competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Minimum Qualifications Non-competitive: Four (4) years of full-time experience in the electrical trade under a skilled journey level electrician which would provide training equivalent to that given in an apprenticeship program.
Duties Description •Performs journeyman level electrical duties.
•Working knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in electrical trade.
•Repairs, maintains, and installs electrical systems and equipment including but not limited to fixtures, motors, load centers, relays, controls, circuitry, and related equipment in accordance with the National Electrical Code.
•Locates and determines electrical malfunctions using test instruments such as ammeter, volt meter and ohmmeter.
•Plans new or modifies installations consistent with specifications and national electrical code.
•Will be required to plan and lay out work, develop time and material lists for projects assigned.
•Will be required to read and interpret plans, codes, diagrams, architectural blueprints and specifications.
•Tests, adjusts, calibrates and maintains a wide variety of control equipment, including but not limited to building heating, air conditioning, and ventilating equipment controls for refrigeration; and for a wide variety of other equipment and systems.
•Performs maintenance, and preventative maintenance on mechanical equipment including but not limited to bathroom exhaust fans, clothes dryers, sump pumps and generators.
•Will be required to train and supervise others.
•Requires daily travel within the district.
•May require some travel within NY State to assist other districts with special projects.
•Working knowledge of safety standards and procedures.
•Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
•Candidate will be trained in the operations and maintenance procedures as related to Asbestos Containing Materials.
•Basic computer skills preferred.
•Valid NYS Driver’s License.
Additional Comments Please note:
• As of 10/12/2021 all OPWDD employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Name OPWDD Region 1 - Western NY DDSO
Email Address email@example.com
Street 1200 East and West Road
Notes on ApplyingSubmit cover letter and résumé by May 26, 2022. Please reference the above vacancy #22-227bjd in all correspondence.