Minimum Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
• One (1) year of permanent competitive service in a title eligible for transfer via Sections 70.1 or 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
• Admission to the New York State Bar and in good standing.
• Organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Effective time management and meet deadlines.
• Strong computer proficiency (MS Office) and adeptness to learning new software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in data privacy, information security and/or cybersecurity.
• Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment with various stakeholders.
• Dedication to public protection and a broad, well-developed array of administrative skills, with background in governmental administration and policies.
Duties Description Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The incumbent will work in the NYSIF Information Security Office and will provide all legal assistance and support related to data privacy and cybersecurity. Other duties may include, but will not be limited to:
• Function as the agency’s expert on all data privacy and cybersecurity, and related matters/issues.
• Negotiate and prepare all germane legal documents, and legal actions to enforce all relevant laws, rules, regulations, etc.
• Coordinate and plan various internal and external information security activities, including the training of all employees on all data privacy and cybersecurity policies and procedures.
• Develop mechanisms for the agency to stay relevant and competitive, including the creation, drafting, and publishing of all necessary and required policies and procedures.
• Build, establish, and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholder groups to create and implement uniform policies and procedures where entities have the same jurisdiction.
• Develop, review, analyze, implement, monitor, and report on all related state and nation-wide initiatives and legislation which affect all agency information security activities.
• May supervise lower-level staff.
• Other related and occupationally appropriate duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Fringe Benefits
• Competitive Total Compensation Package
• Future Career Growth Potential
• Open and Supportive Team-Based Environment
• Plentiful Vacation, Personal, and Sick Leave Accruals
• Paid State and Federal Holidays
• Full Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Retirement Options
• Possibility of Telecommuting, Flextime, and Alternative Work Schedules
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.