TitleOffice Assistant 2 (Calculations)
Occupational CategoryClerical, Secretarial, Office Aide
Bargaining UnitASU - Administrative Services Unit (CSEA)
Salary RangeFrom $40533 to $40533 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
"Other" Explanation Monday-Thursday 12:30 pm-8:30 pm and Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm <br />
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Minimum Qualifications 1 year in an Office Assistant 1 position. Not required to be on Office Assist 2 (Calculations ) list but MUST take exam when offered and be immediately reachable.
Duties Description The University Eye Center (UEC) of the State University of New York College, an Article 28 Diagnostic and Treatment Center, is seeking an Office Assistant 2 staff. The successful candidate must be detail oriented and be able to multitask in a fast pace environment.
Reporting to the Manager of Patient Financial Service, the Office assistant 2 Staff will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service as University Eye standards, processing patient payments accurately in a timely manner.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Complete patient check in and check out process
• Verify and update patients insurance and demographical information and scanning of insurance cards
• Obtain referral and scan to patient’s chart
• Receives and post time of service payment and issue receipt for payment made
• Issue MetroCard’s to patients eligible for reimbursement as requested
• Ensure that all payments received (checks, cash and credit card) balance with the daily transaction sheet and receipts on a daily basis
• Respond to telephone and email inquiries in a timely fashion including patient inquiries
• Set up and review payment arrangements and or budget plan with patients
• Review and update patient list in a timely fashion
• Ensure MetroCard log is reconciled daily
• Ensure there is adequate change on the floor
• Data entry of charges in a timely and accurate manner
Additional Comments This is a provisional appointment. Candidates MUST take the Office Assistant 2 exam when offered and be immediately reachable.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address email@example.com
Notes on ApplyingPursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.