Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable for appointment on Current Civil Service Eligible List for this title.
Transfer: Candidates must have permanent competitive status in the posted title and be eligible for lateral transfer OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades.
Provisional: In the event there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the following promotion qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment. To qualify, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/55c service in an office assistant, clerical, or keyboarding title allocated to Grade 5 or higher. For a complete list of titles, please go to: https://www.cs.ny.gov/examannouncements/announcements/37890titles.cfm
NOTE: If three or fewer qualified and interested promotional candidates respond to this notice, the agency may, at is discretion, nominate a qualified employee for non-competitive promotion under the provisions of Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) Division of Enterprise Solutions is seeking a person to work as an Office Assistant 2 to assist Revenue Support Field Operations (RSFO). RSFO is part of a team responsible for securing financial benefits, including Medicaid, for the individuals residing in state and voluntary operations. Duties include:
· Assist with critical reports monitoring income, resources, and eligibility for Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income and SNAP
· Perform data entry and process transactions in TABS, various Medicaid and other systems so that individuals' Medicaid and other financial benefits are developed and maintained on a timely basis
· Timely and correctly maintain records, both physical and electronic, relating to financial benefit eligibility for individuals served by OPWDD
· Track Medicaid cases for children needing a waiver of parental deeming and assist Department of Health, the local DSSes, CCOs and DDRO with this process
· Assist nonprofits with routine questions
· Assist with various local and statewide revenue projects and duties as directed by supervisor
· Perform general office duties (mail, email, phones) as requested
Additional Comments Please note:
•As of 10/12/2021 all OPWDD employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
•Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
•In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
•OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
•*This location requires the candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the time of appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.