Minimum Qualifications A minimum of five year’s processing complex applications; OR, three year’s working in a processing center; OR a combination of both. Two years of this experience is preferred to be at a managerial level; however, working in a direct supervisory or administrative role may be acceptable.
Substitution: The following substitutions for the experience described above may be applied as follows:
An associate degree in business, information systems, economics, public administration, public policy or liberal arts (or a related field) substitutes for one year of the general experience; OR A bachelor’s degree in one of these same fields substitutes for three years of the general experience: OR A J.D. or master’s degree in one of these same fields may substitute for one additional year of the general experience.
Knowledge / Abilities Preferred:
Knowledge of New York State Executive Law Article 15-A Statue
Knowledge of New York State MWBE Certification Program
Strong demonstrated written and oral communications and presentation skills
Duties Description Coordinate and lead efforts to establish the NYS Temporary Certification Processing Center (TCPC). This will involve work to develop temporary certification protocols, operating procedures, guidelines, initiatives and training programs.
This position will function within the Division of Minority and Women's Business Development (DMWBD) to launch the TCPC and coordinate activities and communication between the DMWBD and the TCPC. Under the direction of the Executive Vice President and Deputy Director the incumbent will lead the TCPC; administer policies, oversee productivity, supervise staff and provide guidance. This position is part of a multi-faceted strategy that New York State will leverage to rapidly address MWBE certification applications, which will ensure that MWBEs have a meaningful opportunity to participate in state contracting.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Assist with establishing the NYS Temporary Certification Processing Center;
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the TCPC;
• Coordinate communications between TCPC and DMWBD;
• Assist in conducting studies concerning the implementation of Article 15-A, related regulations, and DMWBD policies;
• Communicate, advise, and train TCPC analysts regarding ESD policy and MWBD directives/ initiatives;
• Conduct regular review of TCPC analysts work and ensure MWBE certification requests are in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, agency policies and procedures;
• In partnership with Research, Operations, and Compliance (ROC) Unit, assist with developing Certification training curriculums for TCPC analysts and internal certification staff;
• Advise ROC and Senior leadership on TCPC metrics and key performance indicators;
• Coordinate and manage the workflow of the TCPC
• Consistent with efforts of the TCPC, make recommendations and help develop Certification and Operations Unit protocols, operating procedures, guidelines and initiatives.
• Ensure the confidentiality of financial and business records to prevent unauthorized disclosure;
• Supervise staff;
• Other reasonable projects or functions as needed and/or assigned.
Additional Comments *This position is temporary and will not become permanent.
IMPORTANT: All ESD employees are required to be tested weekly for COVID-19 unless they are fully vaccinated. Employees who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccine status through a secure online portal.
If interested in position, please forward a cover letter and resume to the e-mail address below by June 3, 2022. Be sure to indicate the position title, vacancy ID#, and location you are applying for, and specify how you meet the minimum qualifications in your cover letter.
APPROXIMATE HIRING SALARY: $90,000 - $100,000 (w/ comprehensive benefits package)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf interested in position, please forward a cover letter and resume to the e-mail address below by June 3, 2022. Be sure to indicate the position title, vacancy ID#, and location you are applying for, and specify how you meet the minimum qualifications in your cover letter.