Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employees who have one year or more permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service as a Licensing Examiner 1 and are eligible for lateral transfer; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent, or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 10 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Within the Operations' Licensing Unit, the incumbents of these positions will be working closely with the Surveillance and Regulatory Compliance units and will be responsible for reviewing and processing license and permit applications and renewals following the implementation of the Office of Cannabis Management (OCM) laws, rules, and regulations.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Respond to written and verbal inquiries and complaints from applicants, licensed entities, and various stakeholders.
• Answer questions from applicants on the requirements of various licensure programs; assist applicants in completing applications.
• Review of license applications and ensure applications are complete; follow up with applicants to correct deficiencies.
• Review applicant’s criminal justice history (including coordinating submission of fingerprints with Division of Criminal Justice Services).
• Research database for other cannabis businesses located near applicants.
• Review application locations to ensure they are in compliance with local laws.
• Make corrections to resolve problems in processing applications.
• Provide preliminary application recommendations to supervisory staff.
• Work closely with other program units when needed.
• Complete other special projects; as assigned.
Additional Comments Telecommuting opportunities to be discussed at interview. All Office of Cannabis Management (OCM) employees are required to be tested weekly for COVID-19 unless they are fully vaccinated. Employees who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccine status through a secure online portal.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.