Minimum Qualifications EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree with strong financial, economic development, policy or urban planning background. Excellent writing skills are required. Relevant experience required: 3 - 5 years relevant experience required.
Knowledge required: Project development and government relations, familiarity of real estate finance, financial statement analysis, economic development and urban planning, public policy, data analysis, effective writing and oral communication skills are a must. Strong computer skills preferred.
The following substitution for the experience described above may be applied as follows:
A Master’s degree in a relevant field of study may substitute for 2 years of experience described above.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Under the direction of the ESD Regional Director, originate and manage projects to assist with business retention, growth and start up in the New York City region. Assist the ESD Regional Director with the work and activities of the New York City Regional Economic Development Council (“NYC REDC”). Perform project review, analysis and evaluation of business expansion projects.
• Source and originate grant and loan deals in alignment with the NYC REDC strategic plan and ESD program guidelines.
• Structure and negotiate state discretionary incentives to induce job creation and retention projects involving businesses, developers, non-profits and local governments.
• Build and maintain relationships with governmental and quasi-governmental entities, real estate and business groups, civic and community organizations, cultural and professional organizations, and advocacy groups in the region.
• Perform project review, analysis and evaluation. Together with ESD Regional Director, make incentive and funding recommendations to senior management.
• Prepare various administrative documents, including the following: project origination documents; reports; presentations; budget materials; memoranda; and other documents as needed.
• Provide staff support for the NYC REDC, including the following: assist with NYC REDC meeting set-up; communicate with members’ staff; draft memorandum and other documents for NYC REDC members; assist with the NYC REDC consolidated funding application scoring; assist NYC REDC in developing and implementing its strategic plan and the progress reports.
• Maintain close contact with IDA’s, Chambers, municipalities, local development corporations and other key economic development agents to coordinate with and assist them with client servicing and business outreach efforts. Attend necessary events.
• Establish and maintain contact with senior managers and executives of target industry companies operating in New York City Region to promote ESD economic development agenda.
• Respond to inquiries from small businesses, start-ups and ongoing concerns that come to the regional office for guidance.
• Other projects as assigned by Regional Director.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.