Minimum Qualifications Four years of full-time experience in a trade under a skilled tradesperson which would provide training equivalent to that given in a training, apprenticeship, or equivalent program; or an equivalent combination of experience and training gained by completion of technical courses in skilled trades at a school, institute,
or branch of the Armed Services.
Candidates are required to provide specific, verifiable information about their qualifying experience. This information should be on the letterhead of the employer under whom the qualifying experience was gained and include names and titles of supervisors, duties performed during the training period and specific dates of employment and be signed by that employer.
• Candidates qualifying through the completion of appropriate course work should include a copy of their transcript or listing of course work completed.
• A copy of a trade’s union card is acceptable documentary proof of qualification.
• Candidates who do not submit appropriate documentary proof that they meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered for appointment.
Per Agreement between the Civil Service Employees Association, Inc. and the State of New York, Article 45 (c) the requirement to prove qualification shall rest with the employee.
Duties Description • Perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance repair work including carpentry, plumbing and electrical maintenance.
• Read and understand blueprints and written material to perform corrective repairs.
• Retrieve daily assignments and maintain accountable hours utilizing the computerized maintenance management system AiM.
Additional Comments Operational Needs:
• Valid NYS Driver's License.
• Asbestos certification (within 90 days of appointment).
• Able to work at heights using ladders, scaffolding, platform lifts, boom lifts, etc.
• Able to operate a variety of forklifts (OSHA certification provided after appointment).
• Able to lift a minimum of 80 lbs.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are not subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they are fully vaccinated.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.