Minimum Qualifications CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEES:
Current New York State employees who have permanent, contingent-permanent or 55 b/c status as an Administrative Specialist 1 and are interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position at SG-11 or above and eligible for transfer under section 52.6, 70.1 or 70.4** of the Civil Service Law.*
**70.4 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service at the SG-11 or above AND possession of a bachelor’s degree; AND standing on the Professional Careers Opportunities (PCO) or Public Administration Traineeship Transition (PATT) eligible lists.
PCO Appointment: Individuals with a score of 100 or above on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list are encouraged to apply.*
*Successful completion of two-year traineeship leads to appointment as an Administrative Specialist 1, SG-18.
NOTE: This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities. Employees on the Civil Service eligible list will be considered and should not respond to this posting. If you are on the eligible list and not reachable, you may be eligible for transfer. You are encouraged to access GOT-IT on the Civil Service website (www.cs.ny.gov) to determine transfer eligibility or contact OGS Human Resources for your transfer options.
GENERAL PUBLIC CANDIDATES:
Individuals who are currently 55b/c eligible, who possess a bachelor’s degree or higher are encouraged to apply. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter.
Individuals with a score of 100 or above on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list are encouraged to apply.
Successful completion of two-year traineeship leads to appointment as an Administrative Specialist 1, SG-18.
Duties Description Provide direction to staff and manage day to day operations, including but not limited to:
• Obtain and develop information to plan, prepare and justify proposed and projected expenditures regarding agency vehicle and AMS acquisitions and assist agencies with the vehicle lifecycle.
• Supervise subordinate staff, interns and contract workers.
• Collect, prepare, and control disposition of outgoing written communication.
• Respond to customer agency information requests, control agency inquiries and constituent questions, comments, and complaints.
• Analyze and oversee data gathered from files, systems, and other documents for required reporting.
• Manage and coordinate working groups, fleet forums and training programs to educate and promote fleet policies across state agencies.
• Disseminate statewide fleet announcements, memos, procedural guidance and manuals.
• Provide administrative support to Director and Fleet Manager.
• Develop effective, standard templates to be used across all fleet units and assisting agencies with internal fleet guidance and materials.
• Research and analyze fleet related emerging technologies.
• Develop and implement record-keeping systems and controls.
• Monitor utilization and make-up of agency fleets to ensure compliance with policies and procedures as well as statewide mandates and goals.
Additional Comments • Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License issued by the NYS Department of Motor Vehicle is required.
NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: OGS Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to OGS Telecommuting Pilot Program Guidelines.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are not subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they are fully vaccinated.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.