Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Transfer in title: Currently a non-probationary DA 1 --Salary Grade 12.
70.1 Promotion/Transfer Qualifications: One year permanent service as: Direct Support Assistant Or Direct Support
Assist/IRM, Both SG-9; Licensed Practical Nurse, SG-10; Senior Licensed Practical Nurse, SG-11; Or Non- Probationary
DA 1/IRM, SG-12.
Simultaneous to this posting the Civil Service list for Developmental Assistant Trainee may be canvassed. Management
reserves the right to select either an eligible respondent to this posting or appoint from the Civil Service list.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
First level supervisor; supervises and works with staff to motivate and attend to the personal daily living needs of the
developmentally disabled individuals in their care.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
? The DA 1 position will be utilized as a hands-on working supervisor who is counted as part of the daily direct care
? This person will assist with planning and scheduling community inclusion activities and ensures that all individuals
have an opportunity to participate.
? Assures that behavior and residential habilitation plans are enacted as written.
? Perform house maintenance inspections and schedule needed repairs.
? Completes other duties as delegated by the DA 2 & DA 3.
? This person will also have supervisory duties related to the afternoon and midnight shift.
Additional Comments Please submit a cover letter and resume by 4/22/2022 and include EOA # 22-104 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 101 W. Liberty Street, Rome, NY 13440 or email: email@example.com.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office, phone: (518) 473-9689, and Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• As of 10/12/2021 all OPWDD employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit cover letter and resume (CNY DDSO employees also use PRF-1 form) by 5/26/22 to:
Central New York DDSO
Attn: Human Resources
187 Northern Concourse
N. Syracuse, NY 13212
Any questions regarding the duties of this position may be directed to Rebecca Leo TTL 315-425-5305 & Kathy Fatcheric DA3
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days
and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation
(RA). If an employee believes they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD
Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at
email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
Please reference the above EOA #22-142 in all correspondence.