Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 21 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 or 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
NOTE: This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities. Employees on the Civil Service eligible list will be considered and should not respond to this posting. If you are on the eligible list and not reachable, you may be eligible for transfer. You are encouraged to access GOT-IT on the Civil Service website (www.cs.ny.gov) to determine transfer eligibility or contact OGS Human Resources for your transfer options.
Duties Description The incumbent of this position will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a section within one of the BSC Finance service lines. The incumbents will perform and supervise a variety of duties within OGS Business Services Center (BSC) Finance. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Managing various teams in the performance of their duties in the service line.
• Working collaboratively to manage workload capacity within units, shifting staff or work as needed.
• Updating service line trainings, policies, and procedures, getting approval of service line management and working with the BSC Customer Care team to disseminate communication to customer agencies.
• Disseminating technical assistance to staff engaged in assisting customers, agencies and their vendors and overseeing the most difficult and complex issues.
• Monitoring the BSC metrics dashboard and interpreting key performance indicators, implementing necessary changes to better streamline processes and procedures, while delivering excellent customer service.
• Incorporating Lean principles across all work and perform all duties with a “continuous improvement mindset” offering ideas and solutions to coworkers.
• Interacting with customers in a respectful, helpful manner and actively listen to issues and guide them through appropriate solutions.
• Participating in the development of customer outreach meetings and delivery of presentations to various organizations.
• Working with agencies, peers, BSC Project Management and BSC Performance Management on strategic projects.
Additional Comments The Business Services Center (BSC) was established in September 2012 to make Human Resources and Finance transaction processing consistent across New York State government agencies. Since its inception, the BSC has increased efficiencies and lowered costs across the state. The BSC supports advancement and frequently promotes their employees in consideration of their hard work and dedication to the Office of General Services-BSC core mission. If you are looking for growth opportunities in an agency that fosters individual staff development, we encourage you to apply to this position.
NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: OGS Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to OGS Telecommuting Pilot Program Guidelines.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are not subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they are fully vaccinated.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.