1330 County Road 132
Minimum Qualifications Current permanent status as an Office Assistant 2 Calculations and qualified for lateral transfer ~OR~ Eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law ~OR~ Reachable on the current Office Assistant 2 – Calculations Civil Service eligible list.
Provisional Qualifications: In the event there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the following qualifications may be qualified for provisional appointment:
You must be a qualified employee of New York State and have had twelve months of permanent competitive service in a clerical or keyboarding title allocated to Grade 5 or higher.
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Duties Description The incumbent will provide administrative, clerical, and business office support at the Dick Van Dyke Addiction Treatment Center (ATC). Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Enter data and information into and retrieve data and information from computerized systems.
• Gather, compile, and prepare data from manual or automated files and other sources for various reports, publications, records, or other external or internal communications.
• Utilize the Agency Spending Controls Application and Statewide Financial System (SFS) for necessary purchases, receiving, staff travel, etc., and other tasks as assigned.
• Assist staff with SFS issues for submitting expense reports.
• Assist with procurement card activities, including reconciliations, purchasing, and creating purchase requests.
• Participate in hiring vendors and arranging service contracts.
• Communicate with Direct Providers, Counties, OASAS Regional Office, Budget, Contracts, and Procurements staff by telephone or written communication/email.
• Maintain various records/information, including updating Excel spreadsheets/logs, scanning documents, saving documents in Shared Bureau folders on the system, and filing.
• Assist staff with travel reports.
• Arrange and prepare for meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of the Microsoft Application Suite is required. To be effective in this position, the candidate must accurately process information and have effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills as well as be able to work in a team environment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue