50 Wolf Road
Minimum Qualifications Seven years of experience in the review, investigation, and/or evaluation of compliance with equal employment opportunity laws, rules and regulations; in the planning, development, implementation, and review of programs dealing with equal employment opportunity, human rights, affirmative action, minority business program coordination, and/or labor relations directly relating to affirmative action; or in the development and administration of programs designed to facilitate minority community access to employment or business opportunities in the public and private sector. One year of this experience must have been at a supervisory level. A bachelor’s degree may substitute for four years of the non-supervisory experience. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of the non-supervisory experience.
Duties Description Duties include administering Equitable Business Opportunities (EBO) accounts and software enhancement requests for the Department’s Civil Rights Monitoring and Reporting System for the Construction Program; providing support, assistance and training in the use of EBO to Contractor’s and Department users; assisting with data entry, maintenance and testing of EBO; and monitoring contract information reported in EBO. Requires an understanding of the rules and regulations related to Federal Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) as well as the State Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Programs.
Duties are but are not limited to:
• Liaison and coordinate with the Office of Diversity and Opportunity and other Department Civil Rights staff.
• Develop training and provide support to Regional Compliance Specialists.
• Assist with developing policy and procedure requirements with Regional Compliance Specialists and Civil Rights staff in Main Office groups.
• Assist with the monitoring of pre-award and post-award processes for compliance with Civil Rights requirements.
• Assist with revisions to the Standard Specifications and MURK Part 1A CAM related to Civil Rights.
• Represent the Office of Construction at EBO coordination meetings.
• Assist with coordinating compliance reviews with Regional Compliance Specialists.
• Assist with Quality Assurance Reviews of Compliance Reports.
• Abstract information from different sources and compile and interpret data.
• Prepare narrative and statistical reports describing and documenting findings.
• Supervise subordinate staff, review their work for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with program requirements, provide guidance and establish staff priorities.
• Evaluate performance of subordinate staff and provide training.
Candidates must possess strong computer/automation skills, and the ability to manipulate and transfer data using Microsoft Office products.
Incumbents must be able to answer inquiries from users via e-mail and telephone and provide accurate and timely responses. Some travel for meetings and training may be required.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the Department’s response to Regional and Statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments The position will report to Main Office, Engineering Division in Albany, NY, but it is anticipated that remote work from another region may be possible based upon the geographic location of the selected candidate.
All State employees in Executive controlled agencies, who are not subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they are fully vaccinated.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, POD 5-1