2 Wilbur Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Must currently be a permanent LMSW 2;
2. Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for LMSW 2;
3. Eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable to the LMSW 2 by the Department of Civil Service (Must also be within 2 salary grades of the targeted title).
Note: Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient in-Title and/or Civil Service List candidates.
• Valid NYS driver’s License.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The LMSW 2 will be supervised by the Quality Improvement Director and be assigned to Quality Improvement with the following responsibilities as the Family Care Compliance Specialist:
• Maintain up-to-date expert knowledge in the Family Care Manual and 14NYCRR 633.4 regulations.
• Liaison with Central Office Family Care.
• Participate in quarterly Family Care Advisory Board.
• Participate in monthly conference calls with Central Office.
• Participate in provider agency meetings.
• Process the openings and re-certifications of 119 state operated and agency sponsored Family Care homes.
• Liaise with Division of Quality Improvement in issuing of operating certificates.
• Complete a quarterly report of validation visits.
• Conduct site visit and complete assessment of the provision of Family Care services, including compliance with all Family Care standards and individuals’ plans of care as per the Family Care manual and 14NYCRR 633.4 regulations.
• Issue statements of deficiency based upon survey results.
• Review and approve plans of corrective action ensuring the individuals’ safety and remediation of all identified problems.
• Review billing documentation, ensuring records are in compliance with Medicaid standards.
• In the event of a reportable incident, evaluate and implement protective measures until the completion of the investigatory process.
• Serve notice to revoke, temporarily suspend & reinstate a certification to a Family Care provider or Family Care respite provider.
• Provide expert consultation to voluntary agencies regarding the implementation and operations of all Family Care homes consistent with Family Care manual and 14NYCRR 633.4 regulations.
• Conduct unannounced visits to any Family Care home, including state operated or agency sponsored as needed.
• Collaborate with DQI and the Safety department, ensuring the maintenance of the homes and safety of the individuals
• Other duties as assigned.
• Details of the duties will be discussed at the interview.
TRAVEL: Travel within Region 4 may be required.
Additional Comments OTHER: *Downstate Adjustment of $3,026.00 would be added to hiring rate/job rate for base is of Hudson Valley DDSO Thiells location (Rockland County).
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are not subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they are fully vaccinated.
• Please submit a current résumé with your application detailing your education & experience that reflects your familiarity with the above-referenced duties & responsibilities.
• At the time of offer, you must be ready to accept or decline the position
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide their current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
7 Wilbur Road