2 Wilbur Road
Minimum Qualifications **Non-Competitive Promotion (NCP): In accordance with Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law, if the number of qualified promotional candidates who apply for the position is three or less, a permanent appointment can be made, at agency discretion, by non-competitive promotion of an applicant who meets the minimum qualifications.
Permanent qualification: Candidates must currently be a permanent Office Assistant 2 OR be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list.
Transfer qualifications: Candidates must be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Provisional qualifications: Candidates must be a qualified employee of New York State and have had one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in an office assistant, clerical, or keyboarding title allocated to Grade 5 or higher. Qualifying titles are available at: https://www.cs.ny.gov/examannouncements/announcements/37890titles.cfm
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The OA2 within the Eligibility Team, will provide support and assistance to the Region 3 eligibility team. This position assists to adequately respond to a growing volume of eligibility requests. There are currently 21,000+ people within the region with eligibility and waiver enrollment, there are regularly circumstances that require a re-review of both eligibility and updated Level of Care forms.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 1, SG-21, the OA2, grade 9, will be performing the following duties:
• Following a Licensed Clinical Review of eligibility for first, second and third step, prepare and send outcome letters and notices of decision within required timeline.
• Follow up on returned letters.
• Complete TABS entries throughout the process related to review outcomes.
• Interface and respond to inquiries from stakeholders related to the eligibility status.
• Assist with tracking the status of eligibility reviews through monitoring and data entry.
• Answering phone calls and ensuring that the calls are forwarded to the appropriate party.
• Timely assignment of eligibility cases and LCED requests to members of the clinical eligibility team.
• Assisting to keep the team organized while multitasking.
• Other duties as needed/assigned.
• Occasional Travel may be required within the region.
• Details of the duties will be discussed at the interview.
Additional Comments OTHER: *Downstate Adjustment of $3,026.00 would be added to hiring rate/job rate for base is of Hudson Valley DDSO Thiells location (Rockland County).
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are not subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they are fully vaccinated.
• Management reserves the right to determine the number of qualified candidates to be interviewed. Knowledge of voluntary provider agency operations, TABS (Tracking and Billing System), Excel, Access and other general computer skills are valuable assets for this position.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at: email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide their current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
7 Wilbur Road