Minimum Qualifications EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree with strong financial and/or economic development background. Professional degree, including master’s degree in business administration, public administration, or regional planning, law, or accounting, preferred.
Relevant experience required: 3-5 years relevant experience required.
Knowledge required: Project development and government relations, financial analysis, public policy, data analysis. Effective written and oral communication skills a must. Strong computer skills preferred.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Originate and manage projects to assist with business retention, growth and start up in the Southern Tier Region. Assist Regional Director with Regional Economic Development and Consolidated Funding Application administration and processing.
• Develop project analysis and review.
• Responsible for coordinating financial analysis of projects with ESD Finance team.
• Prepare various administrative documents, including project Origination paperwork, reports, presentations, budget materials and other documents as needed.
• Monitor project compliance as per ESD guidelines and regulations.
• Monitor, prepare, and analyze Consolidated Funding Applications submitted to the Regional Office.
• Maintain an understanding and participate in the Southern Tier Regional Economic Development Council’s work and project review.
• Maintain close contact with regional industrial development agencies (“IDAs”), local development agencies, chambers of commerce, municipalities, and other key economic development agents to coordinate with and assist them with client servicing and business outreach efforts. Attend necessary events.
• Establish and maintain contact with senior project managers and executives of target industry companies operating in Southern Tier Region (assigned counties) to promote and facilitate their retention, expansions or diversification in NYS.
• Regional Office liaison to various organizations as assigned.
• Respond to unsolicited inquiries from small businesses, start-ups and ongoing concerns that come to the Regional Office, which require more information than can be provided by administrative staff.
• Other projects as assigned by Regional Director and Deputy Director.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.