11 Wilbur Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Must currently be a permanent Office Assistant 1-Keyboarding;
Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service Eligible List for Office Assistant 1 Keyboarding**;
**For those who pass the written test, prior to being considered for appointment, you will be required to pass a keyboarding test that demonstrates your ability to enter text at a rate of at least 30 words per minute with at least 96% accuracy.
2. Eligible for 70.1 transfer in a designated title determined by the New York State Department of Civil Service (must also be within 2 grades of targeted title).
3. Eligible for provisional appointment*
*Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient In-Title and/or Civil Service List candidates. To qualify for provisional appointment, you must have one year of permanent service in a clerical or keyboarding title allocated to Grade 4 or higher.
4. In the event there is not a viable eligible list, candidates that meet the following qualifications may be qualified for Provisional Appointment pending exam. To be appointed on provisional status, you must be eligible to and participate in the next Civil Service examination(s) being given for this title. You must be qualified for appointment from the eligible list. You must be a reachable candidate, when the exam list is produced by civil service, in order to obtain permanent status and maintain your position.
5. If three or fewer interested promotional candidates respond to this notice, the agency may, at its discretion, nominate a qualified employee for non-competitive promotion under the provisions of Section 52.7 of the Civil Service Law. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Office Assistant 1 (OA1) helps the HVDDSOO Article 16 clinic run smoothly and efficiently by providing general office support, preparing documents/forms, reviewing documents, and uploading to the Electronic Health Record (EHR), managing inventories and purchase requests, and entering information into OPWDD databases, as well as other tasks.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide excellent customer service to individuals, families, care managers, and others who are seeking or receiving Clinic services.
• Serves as point person for the Clinic building, answering phones, greeting visitors, submitting necessary repairs/work orders, managing conference room reservations, and running required fire drills.
• Helps schedule appointments for clinicians and ensures they have necessary documents and other materials/equipment to provide treatment and/or perform evaluations.
• Maintains existing charts in file room and enters/uploads information into the EHR.
• Assists with billing, individual movement, DDP2 entry in CHOICES, and TABS data entry for all individuals in Hudson Valley DDSOO.
• Orders supplies and tracks purchase orders.
• Prepares forms as needed.
• Assist in gathering or compiling data for reports, graphs, charts, tables, or other products. Create graphs, charts, or other visual aids to display data.
• May also prepare routine reports or assist others in the preparation of reports, following established guidelines.
• Additional duties as assigned.
Additional Comments OTHER: *Downstate Adjustment of $3,026.00 would be added to hiring rate/job rate for base is of Hudson Valley DDSO Thiells location (Rockland County).
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are not subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they are fully vaccinated.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide their current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
7 Wilbur Road