Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications: Any permanent Adaptive Equipment Specialist
Any permanent employee eligible for a 70.1 transfer.
Minimum Qualifications: Two years of experience in designing and manufacturing adaptive equipment for individuals with multi-handicapping conditions; or two years of full performance in carpentry or a related trade, one year of which must have been in the designing and manufacturing of adaptive equipment for individuals with multi-handicapping conditions.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist, the successful candidate:
• Coordinates and collaborates with treatment teams and clinical staff to assess individuals' needs for adaptive equipment services; determines the appropriate
equipment design or modifications; assembles equipment; and adapts measurement specifications to meet individuals’ requirements.
• Constructs equipment with machine shop tools and materials, such as wood, metal, thermoplastics, foams, fabrics, plexiglass, and various electronic components, following safety standards.
• Collaborates with manufacturers or third-party vendors as needed for inspections or repairs including, but not limited to, lift equipment, therapeutic tubs, hospital beds, and clinical equipment.
• Provides training to clinical staff on the proper use and maintenance of equipment and provides advisement and consultation on the environmental modifications required for implementation.
• Adheres to and maintains service maintenance schedules for equipment; repairs and maintains adaptive equipment constructed in-house and/or commercially available; and responds to emergency repair requests.
• Maintains shop workspace; updates inventory records; notifies supervisor of equipment and material needs; and submits purchase order estimates and cost reports.
• Documents completed work and follow-up activities; maintains work logs; and submits finalized work orders to supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Clinton, Franklin, Hamilton, or St. Lawrence County
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by June 3, 2022 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 22-123 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Division of Administration Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.