Minimum Qualifications - Four (4) years of work experience, including one year of customer service experience; or
- An Associate’s Degree and two (2) years of work experience, including one year of customer service experience; or
- A Bachelor’s Degree; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Duties Description Under the supervision of a higher level customer service position or an Insurance Fund Business Manager, the Customer Service Representative 1 will serve as the front-line liaison with claimants, policyholders, medical care providers, attorneys, brokers and the public. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responds to customer inquiries and/or complaints
- Analyzes information and identifies issues to be resolved
- Handles all general customer inquiries by either resolving the issue or referring to appropriate staff for resolution
- Gathers detailed information from callers to determine the best approach to resolve problems
- Refers complex and/or sensitive situations beyond scope of authority to supervisor or department staff
- Handles difficult customers and/or situations that require deciphering incoherent or disorganized information to accurately assess and meet customer needs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.