Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive services as an Information Technology Specialist 3 (Programming), SG23 OR in a position at SG21 or higher deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in advancement of more than two salary grades.
Note: If you are on the examination eligible list for the position title in this location, you do not need to respond to this posting unless you are also eligible for appointment by one of the qualifications listed above. Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list for this title in order to be list appointed.
1. An Associates or higher-level degree in computer science or computer information systems.
2. Five years of experience in computer programming, business/systems analysis and program design or three years of experience in HRMS Peoplesoft People Tools.
Duties Description The incumbent of this position will perform duties that include, but are not limited to the following: analyze, specify, design, code, test, and maintain programs and interfaces within the Oracle HRMS PeopleSoft Enterprise Application Suite; work with users and others within the unit to define needs and design solutions.
• Administration and support of Oracle PeopleSoft 9.2 Enterprise which includes the following modules: Payroll, Human Resources, Benefits, Training, Workforce Monitoring, ePay and eProfile
• Implement and maintain applications developed in PeopleSoft People Tools 8.58+ and People Code
• Implement and maintain applications developed in PeopleSoft SQR (Structured Query Report Language)
• Migrate PeopleSoft applications from classic navigation to 9.2 Fluid design
• Development and support of PeopleSoft BI Publisher technology
• Create user and technical documentation on supported systems
• Supervision may be required
Additional Comments This is a CSEA position.
The New York State Thruway Authority is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
New York State Human Rights Law prohibits discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity, prior arrests, prior conviction records, predisposing genetic characteristics or domestic violence victim status.
The New York State Thruway Authority provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify Frances Rosales, Director of Equal Opportunities Bureau at 518-436-2718.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.