2 Wilbur Road
Minimum Qualifications 1. Must currently be a permanent DDPS1.
2. Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for DDPS1.
3. Eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable to DDPS1 by the Department of Civil Service (Must also be within 2 salary grades of the targeted title); and currently be employed by NYS OPWDD.
4. Qualified for Provisional Appointment*.
*Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient in-title and/or Civil Service list candidates.
You must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities and have had one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in a position at a Grade 16 or above and have taken the DDPS1
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The DDPS1 (Quality Improvement Medicaid Compliance Liaison) will perform professional administrative, training, and analytical duties related to district compliance to assist with the integrity of the Medicaid program and to mitigate agency revenue losses on claims billed to Medicaid. The DDPS1 will report directly to the Director of Quality Improvement for HVDDSO.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as a local resource and assist in identifying, evaluating, and mitigating Medicaid Compliance issues
• Act as a point person with various Central Office units on billing and claims issues or audits, allegations of Medicaid fraud, waste & abuse, and other areas as needed
• Review claim samples provided by the Office of Audit Services and corresponding service documentation for billing compliance, quarterly
• Record results of claim reviews and analyze those results to identify locations and staff where systemic trends of deficient claims indicate additional training needs, proactive measures, and/or improved internal controls
• Evaluate potential or actual non-compliance identified; investigate the frequency, causes, and financial impact; where warranted, prepare and submit self-disclosures reporting forms
• Communicate with State Operations Director and DDSOO staff on issues within the district, including potential fraud or self-disclosures
• Develop, monitor, and record or facilitate corrective action plans on issues related to compliance
• Conduct or assist with training and education on Medicaid Compliance issues and expectations
• Participate in statewide meetings and individual meetings with Central Office staff
• Assist in development of policies and procedures, surveys, reports, or forms, as needed
• Travel to geographic areas within the district; may involve occasional travel to Central Office
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé to:
Hudson Valley DDRO Region 3
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470, 7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference EOA #22-092 in all correspondence.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
7 Wilbur Road
Notes on ApplyingOTHER:
*Downstate Adjustment of $3,026.00 would be added to hiring rate/job rate if base is located at Hudson Valley DDSO Thiells location (Rockland County).
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are not subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they are fully vaccinated.