Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade M-1 or 24/25 and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
NOTE: This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities. Employees on the Civil Service eligible list will be considered and should not respond to this posting. If you are on the eligible list and not reachable, you may be eligible for transfer. You are encouraged to access GOT-IT on the Civil Service website (www.cs.ny.gov) to determine transfer eligibility or contact OGS Human Resources for your transfer options.
Duties Description Under the direction of the BSC Manager of Purchasing, the incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Providing the day-to-day management for teams within the Purchasing service line.
• Communicating with BSC customers, key stakeholders, including customer agency finance staff, agency leaders and their executive assistants, vendors, and other State government officials as required.
• Addressing systemic issues raised by customers and stakeholders in a timely and effective manner.
• Coordinating and participating in the preparation of work plans for streamlining shared services, including identifying key deliverables and critical dates.
• Reviewing the metrics reports created by the Performance Management Office. Interpreting key performance indicators and implementing necessary changes to better streamline processes and procedures.
• Identifying performance issues of the unit and developing and implementing solutions to any identified issues.
• Coaching and directing staff in the performance of their duties and leading daily huddles to provide and elicit feedback from the team.
• Directing the planning and developing of internal processes and documents.
• Performing all duties with a “continuous improvement” mindset, offering ideas and solutions to coworkers.
• Interacting with customers (phone, email, in person) in a respectful, helpful manner, and actively listening to issues and guide them through appropriate solutions.
• Taking a lead role in providing the best possible customer service while keeping the BSC and the State of New York’s needs in perspective.
• Working with agencies, peers and BSC Support on strategic projects.
Additional Comments The Business Services Center (BSC) was established in September 2012 to make Human Resources and Finance transaction processing consistent across New York State government agencies. Since its inception, the BSC has increased efficiencies and lowered costs across the state. The BSC supports advancement and frequently promotes their employees in consideration of their hard work and dedication to the Office of General Services-BSC core mission. If you are looking for growth opportunities in an agency that fosters individual staff development, we encourage you to apply to this position.
NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: OGS Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to OGS Telecommuting Pilot Program Guidelines.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are not subject to a mandatory vaccination requirement shall be tested for COVID-19 weekly unless they are fully vaccinated.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.