Minimum Qualifications Appointment Method
List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Public Administration Traineeship Transition, #00-437; or the Professional Career Opportunities, #26-570.
55 b/c Appointment: Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements of the Governor's Program to Hire Individuals and Veterans with Disabilities as described in Civil Service Law § 55b/c. Information about this program can be found here: https://www.cs.ny.gov/rp55/.
Transfer: Candidates in a title eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of 52.6 of the Civil Service Law are encouraged to apply. Information regarding transfer eligibility may be available on the Civil Service Career Mobility Office website at http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/.
Please Note that under Civil Service Law, an employee cannot have two consecutive upward 70.1 or 52.6 transfers without an intervening eligible list appointment, if such transfers would result in an increase of more than two salary grades.
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services is seeking to fill the position of Senior Administrative Analyst in the Human Resources Office in Albany, NY. Duties will include, but may not be limited to:
• Assists in the creation and completion of tracking spreadsheets, agendas and other reports;.
• Identifies the problems or factors inhibiting the achievement of program goals and sets the objectives of the project;
• Develops a work plan considering the objectives and the problems to be solved;
• Collects pertinent data through various means such as interviews, conferences, questionnaires, reports and on-site observations;
• Documents system and business processes, business flows, inputs and outputs for the functional business area to address the problems identified and recommends improvements;
• Prepares relevant analyses, such as cost/benefit analysis and systems analysis;
• Performs duties in support of agency performance improvement initiatives such as planning and facilitating process improvement events; analyzing data and performance; preparing and presenting reports to agency management, and other State agencies interested in the status of performance initiatives;
• Compiles, tracks and analyzes performance measure data and provides information to agency management, other state agencies and entities;
• Provides technical assistance to program managers in implementing new or revised administrative processes;
• Reviews, designs and controls organizational forms;
• Reviews and updates policy, administrative and procedural manuals.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Outlook, Word, etc. is a major component of the assignment.
• Excellent technical, writing and communication skills are necessary.
• Should be a self-starter, outgoing and team-oriented.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
• Ability to work effectively and professionally with higher level management staff is essential.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than May 31, 2022 to the email address listed below. Please include (Box SAA-HRM-00510) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
One Commerce Plaza
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 301
Albany, NY 12257
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job and the accommodation would not constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency.