Minimum Qualifications • Six years of experience in application development.
• Substitutions: A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field may substitute for two years of experience. A Master’s degree in computer science or related field may substitute for an additional year of experience.
• Experience in Eligibility, Enrollment and Case Management of Human Service programs (examples: SNAP, HEAP, PA, Child Care, and Child Support).
• Experience in Financial Management of Human Service Programs (examples: SNAP, HEAP, PA, Child Care and Child Support).
• Experience using Blueprint Requirements Management Tool.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Business Team Deputy Director, the Workstream Functional Lead will lead the Business Analysis (BA) activities throughout the assigned workstream lifecycle. Within the workstream, they will supervise a team of Business Analysts and manage their assignments, providing guidance on methodology, process and tools, while adhering to internal controls.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee a team of Business Analysts and all assignments within the workstream;
• Lead workstream activities related to as-is and to-be requirements elicitation, analysis, and design;
• Liaise with various stakeholder groups, including but not limited to executive teams, program managers, subject matter experts (SMEs), and end-users, to collect, review, and obtain feedback on relevant business processes and requirements;
• Collaborate with internal IES teams including the PMO, Business Team (BA, QA, OCM & Training), and Technical Team to ensure to-be system requirements are feasible, testable and are within the guardrails of the program objectives;
• Lead the review of vendor work products;
• Manage staff adherence to internal controls leveraging the Business Team Center of Excellence (CoE), prescribed tools, and standard;
• Oversee and evaluate adherence to project timelines and priorities, and report out to executive teams and IES management;
• Monitor and advise management informed of progress, issues, and risks;
• Perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities.
Additional Comments Salary will be commensurate with experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Low-cost and competitive health insurance plan choices
• Dental & vision insurance at no additional cost
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• Minimum of 13 vacation days per year
• Up to 13 days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to 8 days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 13 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
26th Floor, Corning Tower
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please submit a clear, concise cover letter and resume, indicating that you are applying for IES Workstream Functional Lead, Ref. #18770. Please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
New York State is an equal opportunity employer. This position will require proof of credentials, fingerprinting and a background check. All Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) employees are required to be tested weekly for COVID-19 unless they are fully vaccinated. Employees who are vaccinated must provide proof of vaccine status through a secure online portal.