Hawthorne East or West IRA
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Currently a permanent Nurse 1:
Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service Eligible List for Nurse 1:
Applicants must have a license and current registration to practice nursing in New York State.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Will access individuals (alongside Nurse 2) on their caseload during their shift to monitor health and ensure that the individuals
are responding positively to all treatment modalities prescribed by physicians and other speciality practioners.
• Responsible for administrating feeding and medication to all individuals who have gastronomy tubes and who require nursing care.
• Responsible for flushing and ensuring all gastronomy tubes are functioning properly.
• Responsible for learning and developing the plans of nursing service for individuals on their caseload and train direct care staff on
the implementation of these plans while under the supervision of shift Nurse 2.
• Member of the interdisciplinary treatment team for the individuals on their caseload requiring a minimum of an annual and
semi-annual nursing assessment and updating the medical information summary to present to the team.
• Other duties as required.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA #22-013R in all correspondence.
• As of 10/21/2021 all HVOPWDD employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSOO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.