Office of Accountability
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Associate in Education Improvement Services.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for this title. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
55b/c Appointment: These positions are eligible for 55b/c designation and are subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications and a current 55 b/c eligibility letter.
Provisional Appointment: In the absence of an eligible list with three or more candidates willing to accept a position, a temporary provisional appointment may be considered. For provisional appointment, candidates must have a Master's degree AND
Either 1. Four years of professional experience in an education agency or organization working with elementary, middle or secondary schools in the provision of technical assistance or in the development or implementation of educational programs or educational grants; OR
2. Possess a New York State permanent or professional certification in classroom teaching, administration and supervision, or school service AND four years of professional experience in a public school teaching common branch subjects in grades Pre-Kindergarten to 6 or teaching academic subjects (English, a language other than English, mathematics, science or social studies) in grades 7-12; OR four years of professional experience working with students in the areas of early childhood and parent education, guidance counseling, school social work, or attendance improvement/dropout prevention.
Provisional candidates must take the examination for Associate in Education Improvement Services when it is next offered, and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Associate in Education Improvement Services position in the Office of Accountability (OA). This Office oversees accountability of schools and Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) in New York State for student academic results and the use of Federal Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) funds. The OA works to close the achievement gap by identifying and supporting schools and LEAs. The incumbent of this position will provide critical support, in carrying out the work of the Field Support Services team, by supporting schools and districts identified through the NYSED accountability system. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide technical assistance to internal stakeholders and LEA’s stakeholders, regarding district and school-level accountability and school improvement;
• Assist in the development and review of school improvement grant applications;
• Collaborate to support planning, implementation, and evaluation of professional learning activities, related to the support of identified schools, sponsored by the OA and Field Support Services Team;
• Communicate and coordinate with school and district leaders concerning onsite and virtual support;
• Complete project management tasks associated with school and district support;
• Prepare written materials to assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to the various components of the Field Support Services Team;
• Complete special assignments as directed, and
• Comply with office policies and procedures.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment or temporary provisional appointment. Provisional candidates must take the examination for Associate in Education Improvement Services when it is next offered and must be reachable on the resulting eligible list to maintain employment. For 55b/c appointment, candidates must possess the minimum qualifications, a current 55b/c eligibility letter and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required at the time of interview for all candidates. This position will require 50% statewide, overnight travel.
All NYSED employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $114,393 based on annual performance advances.
** In addition to the listed base salary, this position receives a $3,026 Annual Downstate Adjustment.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 7, 2022 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (P12-2180/63010) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by June 7, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (P12-2180/63010) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.