Minimum Qualifications One year of permanent competitive service as an Information Technology Specialist 1 and reachable on the Information Technology Specialist 2 list OR in a position at G-16 or higher deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of Civil Service Law OR in a position approved for transfer under Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in advancement of more than two salary grades. Candidates reachable on the appropriate eligible list for this title will be considered through a canvass and do not need to apply to this vacancy posting.
Duties Description The Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking an Information Technology Specialist 2 to work in the Windows Systems Team of the Infrastructure and Operations Section. The incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance and support of department Windows servers and desktops, patch remediation, Active Directory, file shares and permissions, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and printing.
• Manage Windows server environment: Build and maintain operating system, support applications and installs.
• Manage Desktop environment: Install, patch and support desktops and applications with Microsoft System Center and third-party products.
• Active Directory administration: Manage users, group policy, desktop computers and servers.
• Maintain DFS namespace and file servers.
• Maintain proper operating procedures necessary to maintain the integrity of the desktops and servers and the technologies involved.
• Develop and implement test plans for new equipment and designs.
• Develop technical build documentation.
• Assist users with software requests and technical assistance.
• Work with Project Management Office to assist in implementation on multiple projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience troubleshooting applications, hardware and network issues.
• Experience in all recent versions of Windows server and Windows desktop
• Experience with SCCM for software installations, patching, desktop imaging
• Experience with third-party applications for desktop patching.
• Knowledge of Active Directory and Group policy
• Experience with Service Now modules including change control, incidents and requests.
• Experience supporting end-users in a help desk role or similar user support role.
• Strong communication and customer service skills.
• Strong desire to learn new technologies.
• Experience working independently, but also as part of a team.
Additional Comments Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Office is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
Per Office of the Attorney General policy, confirmation of vaccination status is a condition of employment for this position. If you are not fully vaccinated, you will be required to provide negative COVID-19 test results once weekly. The agency will consider religious and reasonable accommodations.
PLEASE NOTE: Unless otherwise specified in the “Notes on Applying” section, the “Application Due” date associated with this posting is not the last day applications can be submitted. Applications for this position will be accepted by the hiring bureau on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected; recruitment for this position can be closed or suspended at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPreferred method of applying is via e-mail to HR.firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include vacancy ID # 105097 in the subject line. Please be sure your submitted cover letter and resume indicate your current Civil Service title.