Duties Description • Supervises Plant Utilities Engineers 1 and other lower-level staff engaged in plant operations, maintenance, and repair functions; may supervise contractors.
• Schedules, plans, and supervises the activities of skilled and semi-skilled employees and contractors involved with plant operations, maintenance, and repair activities.
• Provides training, instruction, and assistance to staff in the performance of tasks, and implements changes in procedures to improve efficiency.
• Inspects plant equipment and operations to ensure proper maintenance, scheduling, and safe and efficient operations.
• Prepares estimates of materials, parts needs, and costs; orders or directs ordering of materials, equipment, and parts; and maintains tool and equipment inventories per applicable policies and standards.
• Supervises and coordinates the handling of various types of hazardous materials and the response to any incidents having potential environmental impact or safety concerns.
• Identifies budget requirements, including staffing, repair, maintenance, material, and equipment needs; makes recommendations to assist with preparation of annual operating budgets.
• Enforces energy conservation protocols and supervises the installation and modification of equipment to obtain peak energy efficiency.
Work schedule - TBA
Additional Comments Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUNY Morrisville is committed to creating a vibrant community enriched by diverse perspectives, talents and experiences, and prohibits discrimination in employment based on gender, race, ethnicity, nationality, physical capability, age, creed, sexual identity, veteran status, and economic means. We encourage applications from candidates who share this commitment and will contribute to the diversity of our college community, especially members of historically under-represented groups. AA/EEO/ADA
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
80 Eaton Street
Notes on ApplyingThere is no written test and no test date is involved. The supplemental questionnaire IS YOUR TEST. Your completed supplemental questionnaire will be the only basis for rating your training, education, and experience. Failure to complete the supplemental questionnaire may result in disqualification. If disqualified, candidates must wait six months to re-apply.
Interested employees must complete a NYS 20-450 Application https://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/20-450&20-451.pdf in its entirety. Applicants must fully illustrate skills and qualifications. Also, please apply www.morrisville.edu. Applications are due to the Human Resources Office, third floor of Brooks Hall on or before May 27, 2021