Minimum Qualifications At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in an administrative setting. Public sector experience and experience in an executive office is preferred. College study may substitute on a year for year basis for up to four years of the experience.
• Highly organized and detail orientated;
• Excellent verbal and written skills;
• Highly professional in demeanor. Able to interface easily with people at all levels, including state executives;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office 360 and SharePoint;
• Ability to multi-task
Duties Description The incumbent will support multiple OGS executives and coordinate all administrative activities. This will include frequent contact with representatives at all levels, such as: The Governor’s Office; Division of the Budget; State Legislature; and other State and Federal agencies. The incumbent will have daily access to highly confidential information and files.
• Coordinate, log and track all correspondence received, including opening, reviewing, sorting and distributing mail to Executive level staff;
• Prepare correspondence for the signature for Executive level staff; this may include formatting and writing correspondence and coordinating information with other OGS staff;
• Receive and screen telephone inquiries from internal OGS staff, other State government officials and the general public responding directly to inquiries or referring them to appropriate staff as necessary;
• Greet visitors to the Executive Office;
• Organize and set the priorities of work to be accomplished on a daily or weekly basis. This may involve working intensely with Executive level staff to clarify the work to be organized and produced, and schedule the use of meeting rooms and maintain the calendar for multiple OGS Executives;
• Maintain proper supplies for the Executive Office;
• Perform other office support activities (e.g., scanning, photocopying) and related tasks as assigned by Executives;
• Manage sensitive, confidential information in an appropriate and professional manner;
• Prepare and/or edit reports, memos, letters, press releases and other documents using software related to word processing, spreadsheets, databases and presentations;
• Prepare routine responses without direction and assemble background material for more complex issues and draft responses as assigned;
• Coordinate and monitor on-going projects, programs and activities of interest and concern to Executives, and maintain contact with program management to ensure the availability of accurate, up-to-date information;
• Liaison administrative matters between Executives and other State agency Executives and managerial staff;
• Coordinate meetings, travel, conferences and organization-wide activities.
Additional Comments The New York State Office of General Services (OGS) provides essential services to our state and local partners, as well as the public. From operating State office buildings to construction management, establishing procurement contracts, and conducting tours of the Capitol, OGS is truly a diverse organization.
While our services may be “general,” many state agencies depend on OGS to fulfill their own mission and goals. As such, OGS must always seek to innovate and streamline its business processes, find new ways to serve our customers, and build public trust. OGS’s is committed to NYS’ larger mission to achieve savings for the state while improving organizational efficiency and is poised to take on the challenge of creating a modernized government that does more with less. OGS accomplishes this by retooling our focus on critical programs and services; redesigning the way we do business; and retraining our workforce to support a realigned agency.
What we offer:
• Opportunity to join an inspired, high-energy leadership team and guide operational transformation.
• Participation in a team-centric approach to leadership with the ability to learn and grow within an exciting organization.
• Extensive benefits package including paid leave, excellent health, dental, vision and retirement benefits.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor, Corning Tower
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.