Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the Civil Service eligible list for Program Aide (Administrative Aide/Agency Program Aide) OR have one year of permanent competitive service in a title eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Regional Engineer (PE4) or their designee, the Program Aide will serve as the Eastern Region’s Emergency Action Plan (EAP) Administrator and carry out administrative and technical duties in support of the Canal Corporation’s Emergency Action Plans, Critical Incident Management and Dam Safety Program. In addition, incumbent will support the Corporation’s training program by coordinating and scheduling training courses and maintaining attendance records. Incumbent will assist Regional administrative staff in routine human resources, purchasing and payroll activities. They will also assist as directed with special projects. Incumbents will be responsible for the following administrative and technical duties:
EAP Administration & Implementation:
• Update, record, and distribute Emergency Action Plans (EAPs) for dams not under FERC jurisdiction, as required by 6 NYCRR Part 673.7(j).
• Ensure all primary, secondary, and tertiary EAPs are in the possession of the appropriate stakeholders.
• Distribute approved drafts of EAPs to each Emergency Management Officer (EMO) for review with clearly marked, proposed revisions; collect and incorporate any changes and submit for final approval. Prepare and distribute numbered controlled copies of the final EAP documents to each registered EAP stakeholder and other designated persons.
• Ensure conformance with EAP and incident response procedures by monitoring response activities with the appropriate staff and the EAP Coordinator.
• Issue complete reprints of all NYSCC EAPs when necessary and ensure that plan holders comply with direction to securely destroy superseded EAPs.
EAP Drills & Exercises:
• Participate in tabletop drills and exercises of EAPs to help identify gaps in response efforts, deficiencies, and areas of improvement.
• Provide improvement recommendations to the EAP Coordinator and/or Regional Engineer.
• Stay current with all Incident Command System requirements and training.
• Participate in the staffing of the Canal Regional Operations Center during emergency activations.
• Assist with staffing the State Emergency Operations Center as a Corporation representative during major disasters.
• Schedule training courses with external vendors for eastern region staff.
• Maintain attendance records in the Corporation’s Learning Management System (LMS).
• Use procurement card to pay for external training courses as needed.
• Serve as backup timekeeper for region collecting timesheets, entering data into CATS and other activities necessary for timely and accurate payroll processing.
• As needed, assist with:
• List canvasing, job postings and candidate communications,
• Administration of the seasonal hiring program,
• Tracking probation reports, and
• Receiving and processing requisitions and maintaining procurement related documents and records.
Other Duties as Required:
• Participate in programs and efforts to promote the Canals.
• Review and track grant applications.
• Assist in the implementation of NYPA mandated programs.
• Assist with or carry out special projects as directed.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying**E-MAIL SUBMISSION PREFERRED**
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for the position should send a cover letter and resume by the application deadline of 8/10/22 to email@example.com. Please include the position title AND VACANCY NUMBER, Program Aide, in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
The New York State Canal Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
New York State Human Rights Law prohibits discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity, prior arrests, prior conviction records, predisposing genetic characteristics or domestic violence victim status.
The New York State Canal Corporation provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.