Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the Civil Service eligible list for Professional Engineer 1 (Civil/Transportation) or candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a title eligible for transfer under the provisions of Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description The Professional Engineer 1 (Civil/Transportation) performs professional level civil engineering duties under the general direction of the Eastern Region Canal Engineer including:
• Provide engineering support for the operation and maintenance of the Canal System;
• Review structural inspection reports and structural flag reports to identify repairs and create maintenance work orders for repairs;
• Review informal maintenance inspection reports for dam safety to identify repairs and create maintenance work orders for repairs;
• Track progress of maintenance work orders for scheduling and completion by planners and section maintenance staff;
• Act as team leader for structural inspection of canal structures and develop inspection reports;
• Interact with Asset Management and Inspection program staff to coordinate asset inventories and inspection requirements in the Eastern Region;
• Assist with the development and issuance of Canal policies, procedures, guidelines and standards for Canal operations and maintenance;
• Assist Eastern Region staff to ensure that maintenance activities are properly scheduled, planned, and implemented;
• Assist with work planning and prioritization of for capital maintenance projects;
• Collaborate with HQ and Western Region maintenance staff to develop consistent statewide policies and procedures;
• Supervise subordinate engineering staff;
• Participate in Emergency Planning and Response;
• Represent the Eastern Region Canal Engineer as needed; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying**E-MAIL SUBMISSION PREFERRED**
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for the position should send a cover letter and resume by the application deadline of 8/10/22 to email@example.com. Please include the position title AND VACANCY NUMBER, Professional Engineer 1 (Civil/Transportation), in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
The New York State Canal Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
New York State Human Rights Law prohibits discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity, prior arrests, prior conviction records, predisposing genetic characteristics or domestic violence victim status.
The New York State Canal Corporation provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org.