Minimum Qualifications Current New York State employee with one year or more permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Business Systems Analyst 1 and are interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employees with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position at SG-11 or above and eligible for transfer under section 52.6, 70.1, or 70.4** of the Civil Service Law.
**70.4 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service at the SG-11 or above AND possession of a bachelor’s degree; AND standing on the Professional Careers Opportunities (PCO) or Public Administration Traineeship Transition (PATT) eligible lists.
*Successful completion of a two-year traineeship leads to appointment as a Business Systems Analyst 1, SG-18.
NOTE: This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities. Employees on the Civil Service eligible list will be considered and should not respond to this posting. If you are on the eligible list and not reachable, you may be eligible for transfer. You are encouraged to access GOT-IT on the Civil Service website (www.cs.ny.gov) to determine transfer eligibility or contact Justice Center Human Resources for your transfer options.
Duties Description Reporting directly to Business Systems Analyst 2, SG-23, the Business Systems Analyst 1, SG-18 will be located in the Justice Center’s Project & Performance Management Unit and will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
• Elicits requirements for agency projects and initiatives using basic requirements gathering techniques, including individual and group interviews, use cases, surveys, and document reviews.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of requirements documentation throughout the system development life cycle, including business requirements documents (BRDs) and use cases, that will be used by technical teams to develop and enhance IT systems.
• Works with stakeholders to develop flow charts and process models that document the current and future state of business processes and functions.
• Assists unit managers and business units with the development of business cases and proofs of concept for the development and enhancement of the agency’s IT systems.
• Collaborates with business units and technical teams to develop and document test plans, test scenarios, and test cases.
• Collaborates with business units and the Training unit to develop training materials for key stakeholders related to upcoming process or system changes.
• Collaborates with business units and Internal Controls to write or update procedure manuals and document business process deficiencies requiring resolution during or after implementation.
• Assists with stakeholder analysis and facilitating stakeholder feedback related to business cases and business requirements.
Additional Comments The New York State Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs (Justice Center) is charged with protecting over one million New Yorkers under the care or jurisdiction of six state agencies. The following list outlines several of the Justice Center’s key responsibilities:
•Advocate on behalf of individuals with disabilities and provide oversight of quality of care.
•Operate a centralized, statewide 24-hour hotline and incident reporting system staffed by trained personnel.
•Operate a statewide register that contains the names of individuals found responsible for egregious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect.
•Centralize and perform functions relating to criminal history background checks.
•Investigate serious allegations of abuse and neglect.
•Prosecute criminal acts of abuse and neglect.
•Analyze abuse patterns and trends in order to prevent future occurrences.
NOTE: You are advised that should you accept a job offer with this agency, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay for the cost of the fingerprinting fee.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.