AgencyMental Health, Office of
TitleMental Health Program Specialist 2, Central Office;
Occupational CategoryOther Professional Careers
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $79325 to $100342 Annually
Appointment Type Contingent Permanent
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Street Address NYS Office of Mental Health
44 Holland Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be employed by New York State to be eligible to apply for this position.
Candidates must be permanent in the Mental Health Program Specialist 2 title and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates with experience in behavioral health or public policy with expertise in health care transformation, New York State public health insurance programs, and/or behavorial health/health care policy are encouraged to apply.
All OMH Central Office employees who are vaccinated for COVID-19 must show proof of vaccination. Fully vaccinated means that two (2) or more weeks have elapsed since receiving either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series (e.g., Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or the first and only dose of a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson [J&J]/Janssen). Those not vaccinated must indicate this. Vaccination is required for many OMH positions but not all. Those not vaccinated for COVID-19 are ineligible for appointment to positions that require vaccination.
Duties Description The Division of Community Program Management and Managed Care, Office of Managed Care is recruiting to fill a Mental Health Program Specialist 2. The Division of Managed Care is responsible for large scale Behavioral Health system transformation, oversight and monitoring of Medicaid Managed Care Plans (MMCPs). The incumbent of this position will work among a multidisciplinary team in the Finance and Data Analytics Unit, which is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating initiatives designed to transform New York State’s behavioral health service delivery system.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist with internal and external processes related to provider billing complaints and billing guidance related to Medicaid managed care.
• Serve as a liaison and collaborate with other NYS human service agencies including OMH, OASAS, DOH, OPWDD, and OCFS as well as other Divisions within OMH on managed care related billing issues.
• Assist in the development of communications originating from the Finance and Data Analytics Bureau, including guidance issued to providers and MCOs related to managed care billing and claims adjudication.
• Assist in monitoring and reviewing State and Federal healthcare and Medicaid statutes, regulations, and policies to identify pertinent billing and finance related issues and assess their programmatic and financial impact on NYS behavioral health managed care.
• Assist in development and review of guidance and policies for providers and Medicaid MCOs related to billing Medicaid managed care.
- Represent the Finance and Data Analytics Bureau in routine, focused, operational, and targeted MCO surveys.
• Communicate and assist in developing briefings for key executive leadership on systemic MCO issues related to claims denial issues, provider viability, or member access issues.
- Collaborate with state agency partners to identify and investigate issues and prescribe solutions as needed.
- Attend and present at multiple stakeholder Managed Care forums for behavioral health managed care.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Specific scheduled hours and telecommuting availability for this position will be discussed during the interview process. Please note, employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to operational needs and Agency Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. OMH is deeply committed to supporting underserved individuals, organizations and communities. To this end, OMH is focused on implementing activities and initiatives to reduce disparities in access, quality, and treatment outcomes for underserved populations. A critical component of these efforts is ensuring OMH is a diverse and inclusive workplace where the unique attributes and skills of all employees are valued and utilized to support the mission of the Agency. OMH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address OMHHRM@OMH.NY.GOV
Street NYS Office of Mental Health
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #110253 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.