Minimum Qualifications Candidates must have excellent computer skills; advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Power Point. Must be flexible; multi-task with accuracy and be highly-organized. Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to take initiative and be proactive; highly detailed. Display professionalism, integrity, have a team-oriented approach but still function independently.
Duties Description The Secretary 2, Grade 15, works in the Executive Office of the New York State Public Service Commission and performs duties including, but not limited to the following:
• Maintains an ongoing dialogue with Executive Office staff on all aspects of Executive Office activities and serves as a coordinator between the Executive Deputy to the Chair, Deputy for Policy and Legal Affairs, the Manager of Utility Rates and Services, Commissioners, and Department senior staff in terms of scheduling meetings and ensuring that documents and requested information are received.
• Serve as a liaison between Executive Deputy, the Governor’s Office, members/staff of the Assembly and Senate, and industry personnel.
• Schedules and arranges internal and external meetings for the Executive staff and maintains electronic calendars.
• Assures that all travel arrangements have been made, including the preparation of travel vouchers.
• Responsible for all Session related materials and ensures that Executive staff are prepared for the monthly Commission sessions.
• Support to the Executive Assistant to the Chair, as needed.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Human Resources Management, 16th Floor