Minimum Qualifications Reassignment - Currently in the title and an employee of DEC
Reinstatement Eligible - Previously held the title on a permanent competitive basis or held a title as indicated under the transfer eligible section on a permanent competitive basis.
Transfer Eligible - One year of permanent competitive service at Salary Grade 13 or higher and:
Eligible for transfer under Section 70.1: Permanent competitive service as an Administrative Assistant 2, Accountant Aide, Program Aide, Business Document Specialist 3, Head Mail & Supply Clerk, Head Stores Clerk, Legal Assistant 1 and Trainee 2, Office Assistant 3, Office Assistant 3 (Calculations), Office Assistant 3 (Human Resources), Payroll Examiner 2, Payroll Specialist 2, Principal Data Entry Machine Operator.
Also any language parenthetic for the above titles. You will be required to demonstrate proficiency in keyboarding. Additional titles which qualify can be found on the Department of Civil Service website, search "GOT-IT."
Duties Description The Administrative Assistant 2 is an important team member within the Division of Management and Budget. The following are the important tasks of the job:
• In charge of the overall management of the office;
• Coordinate information flow by acting as liaison among Executive staff, RD/DDs, DEC employees, other state agency employees, and the public;
• Assist with Attachment A's in the Division of Budget's (DOB) computer system and assist with maintaining the Attachment A Tracking Log;
• Assist Division and Regional Directors with their submissions, corrections, and follow-up questions;
• Maintain housing program records for the Agency;
• Create, update, and maintain oil spill cost centers in FMS and SFS;
• Chartfield requests to SFS as backup;
• Process inter-agency invoice payments;
• Assist with the preparation and submission of the annual budget to the Division of Budget;
• Prepare standby pay roster and overtime waiver for the Agency and maintain them annually;
• Update and maintain delegations as needed;
• Assist and provide backup to the Administrative Specialist (i.e., hiring process; web postings; paying Invoices in FMS, etc.);
• Assist with the journal voucher process;
• Supervise subordinates;
• Preparation, review, and evaluation of reports and records;
• Coordinate Division meetings/events and instruct staff accordingly;
• Prepare correspondence and memoranda;
• Review incoming and outgoing correspondence to determine appropriate action;
• Provide program and technical assistance to staff;
• Answer telephones and direct callers to the appropriate individual, Bureau, Division or outside Agency;
• Design, organize and maintain folders/files both hard copies and on shared drives;
• Establish office procedures;
• Maintain, track and order supplies;
• Resolve problems/concerns with staff;
• Operate/maintain Division multi-function machines.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.