Duties Description This position will provide support in the review and approval/disapproval of contracts awarded by the Council on the Arts, ensuring that all applicable laws, rules and regulations are adhered to and that all proposed contracts represent the "best value" to New York State. Under Executive Staff direction the selected candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Assist in coordinating and participating in the preparation of work plans identifying key deliverables, lead responsibility and critical dates by utilizing electronic systems such as Statewide Financial System, Grants Gateway, New York State Contract System and FileNet.
• Support supervising staff in their review and approval/disapproval of contracts.
• Assist in resolving minor changes or additions to contracts.
• Document major or complex issues or problems and refer them to supervisor.
• Draft written responses to interested parties on contract awards and contract status.
• Prepare reports or drafts reports outlining major changes for resolution.
• Follow up on proposed contracts throughout the approval process with internal reviewers and external approval agencies such as the Office of General Services; Department of Law and the Office of the State Comptroller.
• Review data for proposed contracts for fiscal and programmatic correctness, adherence to State policy, compatibility with agency funding opportunities and goals, availability of funds and appropriateness of rates.
• Assist in providing guidance, technical assistance and training to agency staff to facilitate the contract and procurement processes, ensuring all control requirements are met.
• Review or prepare draft responses to questions raised by control agencies during the approval process.
• Assist with special assignments and projects.
• Help train both new and experienced staff on new or revised contract procedures and techniques required for effective job performance.
• Assist in resolving problems identified by agency staff or vendors with development and/or negotiation of contracts, RFP's, or other related financial documents.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: COA employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the agency’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are fully vaccinated are to provide proof of this upon hire. At this time all unvaccinated employees do not need to submit weekly testing for COVID-19. Please note the weekly testing requirement may change at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.