4950 Genesee Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the Civil Service eligible list for Professional Engineer 1 (Civil/Transportation) or candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a title eligible for transfer under the provisions of Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Engineer in charge of the Bureau of Asset Management, the incumbents will be responsible for the structural inspections of a portfolio of locks, bridges, buildings, roads, retaining walls, water control structures, breakwaters, guide structures, culverts, multiuse trails, and other civil infrastructure assets, within their assigned region. Incumbents perform the following engineering and engineering related duties:
• Ensure Canal staff and consultant inspections are completed in compliance with the Canal Corporation’s Structure Inspection Manual.
• Collaborate with the Director of Asset Management to update and improve the Canal Structure Inspection Manual.
• Oversee the Flag (Structural/Safety) inventory in their allocated region.
• Review and approves reports documenting inspections.
• Coordinate scheduling and prioritization of structural inspections within a region.
• Maintain knowledge of current Federal, State, and industry standards related to the inspection of civil infrastructure.
• Prepare reports, plans, and details to support various inspection assignment.
• Complete field work as necessary to support canals inspection program.
• Partner with other functional areas to drive Inspection Improvement Initiatives and recommends improvements to Inspection policies and procedures.
• Promote continuous improvement related to ensuring the safety of Canal’s civil infrastructure.
• Develop and maintain proficiency operating various Canal inspection equipment including but not limited to Drones, ROV’s(Crawler/Submersible), Vessels, ATV’s, and survey devices.
• Perform a variety of additional tasks as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying**E-MAIL SUBMISSION PREFERRED**
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for the position should send a cover letter and resume by the application deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title AND VACANCY NUMER, Professional Engineer 1 (Civil/Transportation) - Asset Mgmt & Inspection, in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
The New York State Canal Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
New York State Human Rights Law prohibits discrimination based on age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity, prior arrests, prior conviction records, predisposing genetic characteristics or domestic violence victim status.
The New York State Canal Corporation provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify email@example.com.