Please note: State agencies that contact job applicants do not usually request personal or financial information via text message or over the phone in connection with your response to a job posting. If you are contacted for such information by these methods, or any other method, please verify the identity of the individual before transmitting such information to that person.
Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Date Posted 11/17/22
AgencyInsurance Fund, State
TitleInformation Technology Specialist 2
Occupational CategoryI.T. Engineering, Sciences
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $61270 to $77912 Annually
Employment Type Full-Time
Travel Percentage 10%
Hours Per Week 37.5
From 8:30 AM
To 5 PM
Flextime allowed? No
Mandatory overtime? No
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Telecommuting allowed? Yes
Street Address 15 Computer Drive West
Minimum Qualifications YOU MUST BE A CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEE TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR APPOINTMENT TO THIS POSITION.
Eligible for 52.6 transfer by having one year of permanent, competitive service in an appropriate title; or eligible for a lateral transfer.
Duties Description This position is within the ITS End User Services (EUS) Team. The postion requires the ability to life up to 50 pounds. The primary duties include:
- Provide remote technical support via the Service Desk.
- Address services requests and provide assistance to end users as it relates to NYSIF personal computing, both hardware and software.
- Image computers.
- Configure AirWatch on mobile devices.
- Support ITS hardware deployments, install.
- Assist with the ITS hardware asset hardware inventory, including the maintenance of hardware inventory system data, participation in the annual Physical Inventory and hardware disposals.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in good customer service skills when working with end users is required.
Additional Comments This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
NYSIF has a telecommuting program.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.