Minimum Qualifications Education Level: Bachelor’s degree in public administration, public policy, business, or related field required.
Experience and Knowledge:
• 3-5 years of relevant full-time professional experience.
• Knowledge of economic development-related fields such as community development, real estate development, economic incentives (loans, grants, tax credits), business development, private sector finance, public-private partnerships, research and development, or commercialization.
o Familiar with business attraction policies and conditions for economic growth.
o Familiar with community and economic development strategies.
• Detail orientation: Submits error-free, “zero defect” work products, including on short deadlines and in response to time-sensitive requests.
• Critical thinking: Skilled at providing insightful critiques of policy proposals, identifying unforeseen consequences, proposing remedies to potential issues, and assessing the short-term and long-term impacts of policy decisions, from both an internal and external perspective. Prepares thoughtful and thorough work products that anticipate and address potential questions from management.
• Communicating: Delivers action and results-oriented briefings; communicates in clear, direct language; summarizes key points efficiently and clearly; prepares professionally written, aesthetically appealing materials suitable for public consumption.
• Collaborating: Builds supportive, trusting relationships with colleagues internally and externally.
• Problem-¬solving: Skilled at breaking complex problems into manageable and discrete tasks; willingness to question and revisit the status quo; ability to navigate impediments and competing stakeholder concerns to achieve pragmatic results.
• Time management: Able to manage competing demands and be responsive on short turnaround.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Support the analysis, development, and implementation of New York State economic development policies, as well as the implementation and management of special projects.
• Legislative analysis: Collect, review, analyze, and prepare briefings that synthesize the implications of executive, legislative, and stakeholder policy proposals.
• Policy implementation: Help draft operational plans, including step-by-step process documents, to inform the full implementation of new agency policies.
• Project management and support: Update and maintain documents related to tracking the schedule and status of legislation, policy proposals, and special projects.
• Interdepartmental and interagency coordination: Coordinate with other ESD departments and other NYS agencies to inform policy proposals, and to conduct policy analysis.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY