AgencyEmpire State Development, NYS
TitleManager, Tourism Policy Programs _ Albany
Occupational CategoryOther Professional Careers
Salary RangeFrom $65000 to $70000 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Non-competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Minimum Qualifications Education level required: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant area.
Equivalent experience required: 3+ years’ (in some or all areas noted below.)
Knowledge/Experience required: New York State government experience; project management, policy and/or program development; and proven ability to work well with Stakeholders. Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as Microsoft Office skills.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Reporting to the Senior Director of Tourism Policy and Operations, the Manager of Tourism Policy Programs will assist in the development and administration of new and existing tourism programs, including those focused on outdoor recreation, workforce development and accessibility. The Manager of Tourism Policy Programs will work with the tourism team and outside partners to assist in defining goals and objectives for new programs and policy to aid in positive economic impact for the state.
• Analyze trends in outdoor recreation, develop and implement tactics for engagement, partnership, and program development, as well as work with partners like Department of Environmental Conservation and State Parks to help coordinate outdoor recreation programming.
• Continue development on tourism workforce program, serve as liaison to the Department of Labor and oversee planning for job fairs and industry outreach.
• Continue development of Accessible NY program. Maintain accessible information database, collect updates from attractions and destinations, and help manage backend of website survey data.
• Assist the Senior Director of Tourism Policy and Operations in ongoing tourism policy programming. Help draft briefing materials, research industry trends and data, provide feedback on legislative proposals that might impact the tourism industry.
• Serve as logistics and programmatic liaison to the NYS Tourism Advisory Council. Coordinate all aspects of general membership meetings including meeting notifications, press advisories, room setup, webcasting, presentations, agenda, guest speakers and minutes. Maintain membership roster and regular communication with the chair and membership.
• Serve as administrative liaison to the Tourism Interagency Taskforce, which involves over 15 state agencies. Help with meeting setup, minutes, and communication with interagency members.
• Assist on other tourism projects as assigned.
• Travel required.
Additional Comments Position expected to work onsite and/or remote consistent with NYS and ESD guidelines and needs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Name Emmanuel Petit-Frere, HR Talent Acquisition Specialist
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY