Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience in areas such as: construction services, bridges, road systems, HVAC, public service, computers, water treatment facilities, parks and recreation, environmental sciences/permitting, management, military, auditing; OR six years of relevant experience in the areas indicated.
Duties Description Perform duties for Recovery Operations:
• Validate county damage assessments immediately following a disaster (assess and document all significant impacts to a geographical area).
• Represent DHSES during FEMA Preliminary Damage Assessments (PDA) and advise DHSES leadership on any issues.
• Schedule, attend and participate in all meetings with applicants and assist in briefings to inform/educate applicants on recovery programs and administrative processes.
• Provide programmatic and technical assistance to applicants as required to formulate projects and input to the Grants Management Portal.
• Act as a resource for internal and external agency personnel and applicants concerning State and Federal laws, rules and regulations relating to Public Assistance programs.
• Develop project narratives, identify expenses, and review for eligibility and accuracy for reimbursement and reconciliation.
• Track and maintain project workloads and completion dates for Public Assistance Recovery Operations.
• Report to the DAR Coordinators, Deputy Chief and/or Chief of recovery as required and/or requested.
• Ability to work effectively with the County Emergency Manager and Office of Emergency Management Regional Director.
• Deploy to active disaster operations where needed in New York State for extended periods of time; up to 60 days based on the needs of the agency.
Perform project reviews:
• Review and/or provide professional recommendations on proposed project changes and progress payment requests.
• Organize, maintain and update electronic information and documentation for contracts, disaster declarations, letters, program and financial information, and reports.
• Validate claimed costs and special considerations.
• Provide project updates to the DAR Coordinator, Disaster Assistance Manager (DAM) and Disaster Assistance Officer (DAO).
• Assist applicants with the appeals process to FEMA.
• Perform other Public Assistance disaster related duties as assigned.
NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
Additional Comments THESE POSITIONS ARE CONTACTED ON AN AS NEEDED BASIS.
Day time availability for training will be required. Positions are located throughout New York State, if you have a preferred County please mention this with your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza