AgencyMental Health, Office of
TitleNurse Practitioner (Psychiatry), St. Lawrence Psychiatric Center, P23395
Occupational CategoryHealth Care, Human/Social Services
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $125472 to $125472 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Street Address St. Lawrence Psychiatric Center
1 Chimney Point Drive
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19 (or willingness to become fully vaccinated). NOTE: All OMH employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Duties Description Nurse Practitioners assess the physical and psychosocial status of clients by means of interview, health history, physical examination, and diagnostic tests, which may include the diagnosis of illness and physical conditions and the performance of therapeutic and corrective measures.
1. In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
2. If appointed you may be required to become an enrolled Medicare provider; obtain and provide to your employer a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number issued by the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES); and otherwise actively participate to the degree necessary to allow for your services to be billed through Medicare and Medicaid. If you are appointed and you lose the ability to bill through Medicare and Medicaid, you may be terminated from your employment.
3. License and Certification: Loss of license or certification to practice in New York State may result in removal from your position.
4. Candidates must provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19 (or willingness to become fully vaccinated). NOTE: All OMH employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Additional Comments Background Investigation/Justice Center Review: Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC), which includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application, may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees will be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Generous benefit package includes:
• Paid vacation leave
• Paid personal leave
• Paid holidays
• Paid sick leave
• Tuition aid
• Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision care benefits
• Membership in the New York State and Local Employees' Retirement System, and
• Various savings plan programs.
Posted salary includes a Geographic differential ($20,000) added to the statutory job rate ($105,472) PS&T Grade 24.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Street St. Lawrence Psychiatric Center
1 Chimney Point Drive
Notes on ApplyingPlease indicate the Title, Vacancy ID # and Location of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email or fax. Please complete the Office of Mental Health Employment Application and submit it along with your resume and other application materials via fax or email the Human Resources email address noted above.
The Mission of the New York State Office of Mental Health is to promote the mental health of all New Yorkers, with a focus on providing hope and supporting recovery for adults with serious mental illness and children with serious emotional disturbances. Applicants with lived mental health experience are encouraged to apply. OMH is deeply committed to supporting underserved individuals, organizations, and communities. To this end, OMH is focused on implementing activities and initiatives to reduce disparities in access, quality, and treatment outcomes for underserved populations. A critical component of these efforts is ensuring OMH is a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees' unique attributes and skills are valued and utilized to support the mission of the Agency. OMH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.