TitleNYSIF Senior ESG and Sustainability Lead
Occupational CategoryOther Professional Careers
Bargaining UnitM/C - Management / Confidential (Unrepresented)
Salary RangeFrom $150000 to $175000 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Exempt Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Minimum Qualifications • Advanced degree in finance, business, or economics preferred
• At least five years of ESG stewardship / engagement experience with a preference for some related experience around ESG, Climate, and / or Impact investing
• Demonstrated passion for sustainability, with a strong interest in influencing change at the asset manager and corporation level through investment strategies
• Entrepreneurial self-starter that can work both autonomously and thrive in a team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Well versed in ESG and Net-Zero goals and their implications on investment strategies
• Strong willingness to learn and ability to respond positively to feedback
Duties Description The New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF), with over $20 billion of assets under management, is seeking an experienced investment practitioner to assist its ESG Team with an array of tasks including ESG research and analysis, engagement, and investment solutions. There will be a focus on ESG stewardship and engagement. This is an opportunity to engage with a broad range of companies and investors globally on behalf of an asset owner that is intentional about sustainable investing. The position reports to the Head of ESG and Sustainable Investing and sits within the office of the Chief Investment Officer.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with external partners, including proxy advisory vendors, engagement projects and other institutional asset owners
• Help to develop portfolio-level strategies for ESG engagement across a broad spectrum of asset classes and sectors
• Develop an engagement letter-writing process
• Conduct research across several asset classes and sectors to identify investment risks and opportunities related to ESG factors
• Analyze investment opportunities and risks related to ESG investing strategies and products
• Shape NYSIF’s ESG Governance structure in accordance with external governance guidelines
• Contribute to NYSIF’s ESG education across the Investment Department and develop ESG curriculum for continued department learning
• Produce valuable insights to guide ESG integration internally and with external managers
• Draft content for internal and external communications and publishable material
Additional Comments Fringe Benefits:
• Competitive Compensation
• Future Career Growth Potential
• Open and Supportive Team-Based Environment
• Vacation, Personal, and Sick Leave Accruals
• Paid State and Federal Holidays
• Full Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Retirement Options
• Possibility of Telecommuting, Flextime, and Alternative Work Schedules
Please note, the Civil Service title for this position is Special Investment Officer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address email@example.com
Notes on ApplyingPlease outline in your cover letter your experience and how it relates to the basic qualifications outlined for this position. Resumes without a cover letter may not be accepted. Candidates should email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.