Minimum Qualifications Candidates must possess a New York State Driver’s License appropriate for the type of vehicle to be operated. Candidates may be required to possess a CDL Class A, B, C or General Class D license.
Duties Description This position is within the Operations Support Bureau primarily for the Green Island facility but will be required to perform MVO duties for both our campus mail room and campus support services units as requested by management. The incumbent must be able to perform the following Essential Functions:
1. Must possess a valid Class A CDL license or a Class B with an air brake endorsement and keep this license renewed and active.
2. Drive a variety of motor vehicles (including a heavy single unit box truck) both on and off State property in order to transport people, supplies, mail, equipment, furniture and other materials to and from various locations.
3. Maintain vehicles and keep them in good running condition.
4. Perform heaving physical labor in all weather conditions such as moving, carrying, loading and unloading cargo onto, into, off of or out of vehicles and to and from the delivery or storage point.
5. Maintain vehicle and travel records.
6. Must be certified in the operation of fork trucks.
7. May maintain and utilize various types of warehouse equipment including pallet jacks.
8. Represent the Department in a professional and business-like manner.
9. Travel to the various sites as required across the state. Overnight travel may be included.
10. Work overtime as required.
11. Adhere to the Department’s time and attendance requirements.
Additional Comments New York State is an equal opportunity employer. It's the policy of the state of New York to provide for and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or an arrest or criminal conviction record unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.